What are "Special Needs"?
Children and youth with special needs may require specialized medical, educational, or psychological care, or a combination of these.The term "special needs" describes a range of situations which can include:
- Behavioral and emotional challenges
- Difficulties learning, hearing, seeing, moving or speaking
- Chronic illnesses
- High risk or premature infants
- Grief due to the loss of a child or infant
What services do we offer?
Parent to Parent Family Support NetworkTM - High Country (FSN-HC) provides specific services to families and the community in caring for children with special needs including:
- Trained, volunteer family emotional support in dealing with diagnoses, transitions and challenges.
- Support groups for families of children with special needs
- Workshops and educational opportunities for families and service providers
- Family-friendly resources about diagnoses, treatment options, service agencies, and school considerations
- Newsletters, Facebook, Database of Resources
- Service learning and internship opportunities for college students
- Liaison assistance for families whose children are hospitalized outside their home county